Program Manager and Facilitator Copy
- Employer: Sydney, Australia
- Work Type/s: Full time
- Classification/s: Education & Training, Youth
- Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
- Location: Sydney, Australia
High Resolves is a trusted provider of high-quality learning experiences that help young people develop critical life skills, including empathy, resilience and independent thinking.
High Resolves partners with schools to equip young people with life skills through delivering professionally facilitated, immersive student workshops; training educators to deliver supporting lessons in the classroom that complement existing subject areas; and offering real-world project-based learning programs where students can apply their new skills to help solve existing problems in society.
Through the High Resolves program, young people explore their own exposure to bias, misinformation and manipulation, and in doing so, develop greater social and emotional skills, resilience to adversity, and explore ways they can work together to promote security and hope for the future.
High Resolves will work with over 250 Australian schools in 2021. Our expert facilitators are high-energy, deeply engaging and have a wealth of experience working with young people from diverse backgrounds, with diverse learning styles and in diverse school environments.
About the team
Our team is one of a kind. We have a growth mindset and we live by our ten character traits: Passionate, Committed, Purpose-led, Curious, Bold, Pioneering, Rigorous, Relentless, Sincere and Adaptable. We are a local team in a global organisation, bringing a range of experience from teaching to law, social work to financial services, sales to communications – each of us has taken our own path to our current role, but we share a common belief in the vision and mission of High Resolves.
As a High Resolves Program Manager and Facilitator, you will work with a diverse range of schools to deliver the High Resolves program to high school students. You’ll facilitate dynamic workshops and build relationships with multiple schools, both face to face and online.
You will also be involved in business development activities to further grow the reach and impact of the program, building relationships with Principals and school leaders, as well as youth organisations, universities and businesses across Sydney.
What you’ll do
- Deliver the High Resolves program in schools to high school students, exuding energy, enthusiasm, confidence, and belief in students.
- Deliver professional development to teachers in schools and at centralised locations, and to youth workers in relevant organisations.
- Maintain strong relationships with staff at all participating and prospective schools, promoting all aspects of the High Resolves program.
- Deliver presentations and meetings in schools, youth organisations, and conferences to communicate and demonstrate the value of the program to all stakeholders.
- In consultation with the High Resolves Australian Director of Curriculum & Impact, ensure the appropriate rigour of evaluation and success metric reporting is applied to all initiatives.
Why you’ll love the role
You will thrive on the opportunity to influence the life trajectories of thousands of high school students as you lead them through immersive in-school workshops designed to develop critical citizenship competencies and build personal and social capabilities.
What we’re looking for
- An expert facilitator, able to lead high-energy, dynamic, immersive peak experience for high school students.
- Passionate about global issues and social justice.
- Ability to establish and professionally manage external relationships.
- Ability to engage with senior leaders, understand challenges and tailor the approach based on needs.
- Ability to quickly and calmly solve problems under pressure.
- Positive, ‘can-do’ attitude and strong interpersonal skills.
- Genuine respect for young people.
- Genuine passion for educating and developing youth.
- Willing to travel to schools across Sydney, with occasional travel to rural NSW.
- A tertiary qualification in education/teaching is strongly preferred.
- Access to a vehicle will be essential for this role for visits to schools, especially schools in regional and rural areas. All travel expenses will be reimbursed (i.e. both public transport and car).
- Successful Working with Children Check or current teaching registration and Criminal History Checks are mandatory.
- A valid working visa to work in Australia for the next two years (if applicable).
How to apply
The application process will consist of three stages. Stage 1 is the submission of your CV and a brief cover letter telling us what attracts you to the role and what specific skills and experience you have that will make you the ideal candidate for the role. Stage 1 applications should be emailed to email@example.com by no later than Tuesday, 13 April. Successful Stage 1 applicants will be invited to a Stage 2 video round before final Stage 3 interviews are held.
We are an equal opportunity employer founded on the principles of inclusive leadership. We support flexible and part-time working arrangements for our people. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.Apply now